A Snow Snit

by Doranna

Ahh, yes.  April weather.

Actually, this whole winter has been like this.  Achingly little precipitation of any kind, and going into what they’re calling a neutral year.  No La Niña, no El Niño.

When we do get wet stuff, it’s invariably somehow on those days of “zero percent chance of precipitation.”  And then it’s just a tease–a taste of what it might be like if it actually snowed.  Meanwhile the temps are all over the place, from hot to cold and back again.

Last night, the wood stove was going full blast.  The night before, I had the bedroom windows open…  Today, I freely admit to be hiding from the cold day and the cold wind, when my body was getting used to spring.   I haven’t, in any recent days (and also thanks to copyedits), managed to saddle Duncan up and ride.

This does not please him.

And snow in mid-April?

No.  DuncanHorse is not pleased.  No one, he says, consulted him.

This entry was posted in DuncanHorse, Video and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to A Snow Snit

1. EMoonTX says:

I love the way he “presents” his snit to an audience. He clearly knows where upstage and downstage are, and doesn’t waste time throwing a snitfit in that far corner–that’s only for turning around in, the better to make a dramatic entrance/re-entrance to center stage. “You! In there! Audience! DO SOMETHING!”

Yup, he always presents his snits where they’ll most likely be observed. I filmed this through the office window–if I come outside, he charges up to stop snitting and make demands.

If there’s smoke in the air (which really sends him flying), it’s “hold my hand, this is not right!” Otherwise it’s the DO SOMETHING! demand. So I’m coming to terms with the probability that if I’m going to get his best antics on film, it’ll have to be through that window. Which I washed last fall, but isn’t so pristine any longer!

2. Claire Eamer says:

I rather think you shouldn’t throw a saddle on that chap until the weather apologizes. Sincerely and with due deference. Heaven only knows what he’d say to today’s Whitehorse weather (irony duly noted), where we woke up to 10 centimetres of snow on the ground and more falling thick and fast. Expletives would have to be deleted.

Yes, I suspect they would! Especially since he quite evidently dumped most of his winter coat in the past 48 hours, and as far as the weather is concerned, he might as well be naked. (Yes, he has his blankie on.)

I threw the saddle on today. Let us say there was some very tactful riding involved.

Duncan and I agree! Snit!

Today’s ride took layers under my winter coat. That wind–! But I’m glad I got out there…