Cookie Day!

chocolate_chipOoh, today I get to bake cookies.

I used to bake a fair amount. Then, when the gluten restrictions hit…less so. And since we’ve moved? Not so much.

Combining households with little to no time to plan, combining kitchens, taking a very long time to do either (still not really done yet, since we’ve known for ten months that we’d be relocating right about…now–and we are)…that put a damper on all cookie activities. It’s not really a functioning household.  Not truly a functioning kitchen.  It’s on hold and it has been.

And now that we’re packing in earnest again, and traveling to and fro across the valley and through the pass to the new home-in-preparation (really, we need a Tardis), we’ve come up against the second holiday season in a row that…isn’t.

However.  Tomorrow I’m going to an agility holiday gathering.  And I shall have COOKIES.

So today I am baking in my token holiday effort.  I expect it to smell good.  I expect to watch the stove like a hawk, because I haven’t done cookies in a gas stove before.  And I am allowed to TASTE ONE!

Yummmmm.  May you all have cookie days this season!

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous! and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Cookie Day!

Mmmm, cookies, good.

Haven’t made cookies yet, but there is still time and at least this year I will be able to do something in the kitchen. Last year I was too sick to do anything.

I am making extra sourdough bread to give out to friends and family.

The good smells in the kitchen are a big part of the holiday celebration. enjoy.
    Robert

I’m about to get my writing done and then cookies will be the reward!

I’m so glad you’re feeling well enough to participate more this year! Health is a big part of how I choose my priorities, too…sometimes it’s good just to go from day to day. I’ve learned to accept that but I still struggle with social expectations.

2. Lorraine says:

I had a hankering to bake cut-out cookies this morning, got out the butter to soften, found my recipe and it said “refrigerate dough overnight.” I don’t have time to do that and bake again until Monday. Grrrrrr. Oh well, there goes Monday. I already made and froze Scottish shortbread and oatmeal cookies (recipes in one of my upcoming books), and have the cut-outs and chocolate chip cookies to make for our annual holiday party (which we haven’t had in four years…so I guess it’s not quite so annual anymore). The house smelled HEAVENLY the day I did bake. And freezing them meant I didn’t eat them all. (Especially since the freezer is down the street at my mother’s house!)

Mmmm, that sounds so good! Wish I’d been sniffing the air at your house that day!

4. KarenJG says:

My oven died last week, so, no home made cookies for me this year. Of course, I don’t usually bake cookies anyway, so it’s not so different from other years. 🙂

And, hi!

5. DitN says:

Yum! Cookies…

6. Peggy says:

Cookies are ALWAYS good

I am quite capable of taking this philosophy to extremes.

Oh, excuse me. Crumbs…must wipe my mouth…